I often time hear people say “they don’t have time for breakfast” or “I don’t have time to cook” in the morning. Bully!
Here is a breakdown on how to cook a lovely egg sandwich in 5 min.
Stuff you need: Microwave, toaster, bread or english muffin (preferred), egg, slice of cheese, butter (or substitute), small microwavable dish (bowl, pyrex dish), and salt and pepper to taste. Oh, a bit of paper towel to cover the dish.
1. Drop the bread or english muffin in the toaster. This will take about 90 seconds
2. Put a small pat of butter in the dish and microwave for 30 seconds to melt the butter.
3. crack the egg in the buttered dish, break the yolk, cover with paper towel and microwave for about 45 seconds. Note: it will pop in the microwave when cooked through.
4. Toasted bread/eng muffin should be finished by now.
5. Construct your sandwich. Toast… cheese… lay down cooked egg. Salt and pepper to taste. Then cover with other toast piece.
Optional Items: You can place a slice of ham, canadian bacon on top of the egg before you cook it. add 5 seconds to total cooking time. You can also schmere some mayo on the bread if you wish.