A holiday classic that my wife and her family have introduced into the recipe book.
This is a GREAT side dish. Many fear it. But those to try it WILL ask for more.
I love it and ask for it every holiday.
Editorial Note: The original post only included 1/4 C of tomato puree. I have now corrected to 3/4C. Apologies for those who crafted a batch of this incorrectly.
- 2 cups white bread, cubed into small pieces
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 3/4 cup tomato puree, add water to make 1 cup
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Mix all ingredients and place in greased covered baking dish.
- Bake 15 minutes at 375 degrees.
- Remove from oven (safety first), remove cover, stir
- Bake another 15 minutes uncovered.
Thank me later…