This is a great german dish. If you are not huge fan of venison and the gaminess of the meat and this recipe is really good a cutting that tinge of gaminess.
- 2-4lb Roast (note: I have used Venison Tenderloin)
- Requires a harvested deer. 😉
- 1-2 white onions (sliced)
- 2-3 carrots (sliced)
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 2 cups water
- 4 tbls flour
- 4 tbls butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Brown Roast in butter, salt and pepper.
- Bring water and vinegar to a boil.
- Place Roast in a covered dish
- add onions and carrots
- pour the water/vinegar mixture over roast and vegetables.
Marinate for 24-48 hours, turn every 12 hours.
- Cook Roast/vegetables/marinade for 3 hours at 300 degrees.
- Remove cooked roast and set aside to rest
- Remove the onions and carrots from dish. Pour the liquid in sauce pan.
- Thicken the liquid using flour (rue) and add Kitchen Bouquet by bringing to a boil.
- Add the vegetables.
- Serve with…
- potato pancakes (we use hash brown patties)